We host a variety of activities throughout the year, starting with our
1st Saturday Sweeps
- Our 1st Saturday Sweeps are held on the first Saturday of the month from February through December, from 9:00 to 10:00. This is a chance to meet other Keep the Esplanade Beautiful members and make new friends.
- During our 1st Saturday Sweeps, we collect data that is consistent with the annual September Coastal Cleanup Day that is managed by Heal the Bay. This allows us to make comparisons of the conditions at the Esplanade to other areas in Southern California. We also will use the data to identify trends in trash is dispersed along the Esplanade that will help us identify ways to improve conditions.
Annual Mixer – This is our annual fundraising event that also serves as a means to review our past year’s accomplishments and also announce the current year’s advocacy project.
National Night Out is a nation-wide, annual event where we celebrate being outdoors in our local neighborhoods. We hold our event at the south end of the Esplanade on August 7. It is another opportunity to meet with Keep the Esplanade Beautiful members while taking in the wondrous views of the Pacific Ocean.
Coastal Cleanup Day – We participate in the annual September Coastal Cleanup Day at the site adjacent to the Redondo Beach Pier that is managed by Heal the Bay. This is a remarkable event that is managed by the California Coastal Commission at the state level (see https://www.coastal.ca.gov/publiced/ccd/ccd.html), but is also an international event (see https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/annual-data-release/)
We also host tables at various events throughout the year, such as:
- Village Runners St. Patrick’s Day Run in March
- Redondo Beach Triathalon in mid-June
- Riviera Village Summer Festival in June